The city of Springfield is rapidly emerging as a center for technology development and service businesses. As part of the Eugene-Springfield metropolitan area, Springfield benefits from the Eugene reputation as the Silicon Shire, a sister city of sorts linked to Silicon Valley.
Companies are discovering the benefits and opportunities the Springfield-Eugene metro area has to offer and are locating here to take advantage of our skilled workforce, technology resources, low operating costs and engaged lifestyle to grow their business and ensure it thrives. Located, with daily direct flights, between the Seattle Metro Area and the Bay Area, Springfield offers a perfectly positioned, affordable, and vibrant community workforce to support companies as they deliver the highest quality service to their customers.
You’ll find Springfield-Eugene’s workforce has a strong depth of expert personnel with the training and skills to match your staffing needs and provide your customers the highest quality service, including custom programming, software publishing, systems design/analysis, cybersecurity and software sales and service.
Innovation and Tech Industry Support Infrastructure
- Workforce – 27% hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Incentives – Property tax and E-commerce incentives for locating or growing firms
- Office Space – Affordable Class A office space in world-class campus settings
- Utilities – Affordable Diamond Rated power service and high-speed fiber in key locations
- Housing – Affordable homes ($260,000 median value) in top K-12 environments
- Transportation – Direct flights between the Seattle Metro and Bay Areas
- Lifestyle – Springfield is a scenic, walkable community
- Work/Life Balance – Average 10-minute commute between home and work provides more time to experience more of Springfield’s many amenities and activities