Educating Tomorrows Workforce
Higher education institutions that are locally based and convenient can make all the difference to employers seeking an ongoing pool of qualified and skilled employment candidates. Our universities and higher education institutions support the business community by including specialized degrees in emerging industrial studies, applicable apprenticeship training, and industry relationships to shape and influence relevant curriculum, ensuring students are workforce ready.
Living and working in Springfield means a choice of over 20 public and private colleges and universities within 100 miles of our city, including 5 Higher Education Campuses within minutes of Downtown Springfield. With the addition of Oregon State University, less than a 45-minute drive to the north, career training opportunities can now be found for over 87,000 students.
The University of Oregon is the #1 public university in Oregon and a Tier 1 national public research university. Its nine schools and colleges, including its Eugene campus located within two miles of Springfield, offering 325 premier academic programs.
- #1 Public University in Oregon/Tier 1 National Public Research University
- Student Population: 22,760
- 1585 E 13th Ave, Eugene OR 97403 (located within 2 miles of the City of Springfield)
With 325 academic programs available, the nine schools and colleges include:
- College of Arts & Sciences-grants 75% of UO doctoral degrees
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business-Ranged #1 for tax accounting-in the world/Top 5 MBA Program by Princeton Review
- College of Design and Sustainable Cities Initiative
- College of Education-Ranked #3 Special Ed Program in nation/#5 grad school of education for public institutes
- School of Journalism & Communication-13 Pulitzer Prize winners among faculty & alumni
- School of Music & Dance-Largest & most comprehensive music and dance program offered in the PNW
- School of Law-Ranked #1 in Oregon and #2 in the PNW
- Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact
With six campuses throughout Lane County and its main campus located within three miles of the city of Springfield, Lane Community College offers associate degrees and certificate programs, along with transfer degrees.
Offering associate and transfer degrees, certificate programs and community education, both on campus and online.
- Student Population: 26,000
- 4000 E 30th Ave, Eugene, OR 97405 (located within 3 miles of the City of Springfield), with 6 campuses throughout Lane County.
Program Areas include:
- Arts and Communication
- Health, Medical, and Fitness
- Computer Science and Information TEchnology,
- Culinary, Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Trades, Technologies, Transportation and Apprenticeship,
- Science, Natural Resources, Math and Engineering
- Social Sciences, Social Services and Education
Located within three miles of the city of Springfield, faith-based Bushnell University prepares its students to be critical thinkers in the liberal arts tradition. Programs at NCU focus on Teacher Education (K-12), Business Administration, Exercise Science, Psychology and Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Student Population: 800
- Campus Location: 828 E 11th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401 (located within 3 miles of the City of Springfield)
- Program Emphasis in Teacher Education (k-12), Business Administration, Exercise Science, Psychology, Interdisciplinary Studies
- 83% of Bushnell students are working in their field of study within 6 months of graduation
Learn more about Bushnell University here.
- Total Student Population: 3,800
- 40 E Broadway #250, Eugene OR 97401 (located within 2 miles of the City of Springfield)
- College of Education-Offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Master of Social work
- Student Population: 32k
- 671 SW 26th St, Corvallis OR 97331 (within 45 miles of the City of Springfield)
- Forestry (ranked #2 in the world)
- Oceanography (#3 in the world)
- Robotics Engineering School (#4 in the US)
- Agricultural Sciences (Ranked #13 in the world)
- Advantage Accelerator Business Incubator (#8, US)