Today’s food and beverage industry is constantly innovating and reinventing itself to meet evolving consumer demand with a growing focus on specialty food products. Springfield hosts an array of specialty food and beverage manufacturers exemplifying a vibrant and sustainable brand reflecting the Pacific Northwest lifestyle.
Role of Food Sector in U.S. Economy
- 5% – Gross Domestic Product
- 10% – Consumers Disposable Income (DPI)
- 10% – Total US Employment
(Data Source: A Report by the Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board)
Practice Makes Perfect
Regionally, diverse specialty crops are grown in and around Lane County with exacting attention to farming practices, such as organic and non-GMO. Springfield also offers smaller-scale producers the opportunity to take advantage of destination tourism at potential sites, such as area wineries and breweries, and on a statewide level, Oregon also enjoys increased recognition for carving out new functional foods and diet-specific markets.
From Market To Market
With convenient access to Interstate 5, Springfield makes direct trucking to all West Coast consumer markets, including the large California market, efficient and cost-effective.
Food and Beverage Industry Support Infrastructure
- Workforce – 27% hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Incentives – Property tax and E-commerce incentives for locating or growing firms
- Office Space – Varying size and affordable manufacturing space in varying settings, with quick access to Interstate-5, rail and air.
- Utilities – Affordable, reliable and high quality utilities service through the Springfield Utility Board, including Diamond Rated for power service and Outstanding Performer for water service. The unrivaled quality of our water adds quality to your process and product.
- Housing – Affordable homes ($350,000 median value) in top K-12 environments (redfin source)
- Transportation – Direct daily flights between the Seattle Metro, Bay Areas, and Chicago markets.
- Lifestyle – Springfield is a scenic, walkable community
- Work/Life Balance – Average 10-minute commute between home and work provides more time to experience more of Springfield’s many amenities and activities